For businesses specializing in kid’s entertainment events, a comprehensive insurance portfolio that addresses risk is essential. One significant component of an insurance plan that provides coverage for several common exposures is general liability insurance.
The experienced team at Remo Insurance Agency in Oxon Hill, Maryland, can discuss your risk profile and how general liability insurance and other commercial policies should be considered. Reach out to us for additional information.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
General liability insurance (GLI), or commercial general liability insurance, provides several crucial coverages for businesses that organize kid’s entertainment events. Whether indoor or outdoor activities include moon bounces, obstacle courses, laser tag, foam darts or other forms of amusement, businesses must always be aware of the risks.
General liability insurance may help cover the following:
- Third-party bodily injury—General liability insurance may help pay for medical expenses if your business is responsible for third-party bodily injuries.
- Third-party property damage—GLI may pay repair or replacement costs if your operations are liable for damage to others’ property.
- Personal and advertising injury—If a third party sues your business for a personal or advertising injury (e.g., libel, slander or copyright infringement) general liability insurance may provide coverage for those claims.
In addition to offering compensation for damages, general liability insurance may help pay associated legal fees (e.g., attorney fees, court courts settlements and judgments), even if the claim is eventually dropped. Speak with your agent for details on terms, limits and exclusions.
What Other Insurance Coverages Are Available?
Depending on their operations, businesses that organize kid’s entertainment events may have other insurance needs. For example, if your business provides catering services, you may consider lines of coverage that address food-related exposures. Your agent can discuss which types of insurance best meet your needs. Coverages to consider may include the following:
- Commercial property insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Cyber liability insurance
- Food spoilage or contamination insurance
- Equipment breakdown insurance
- Umbrella insurance
Each of these policies provides different coverages. Consult with your agent for more information.
Get the Right Insurance for Your Business
The knowledgeable professionals at Remo Insurance Agency are ready to help you secure the general liability insurance and other commercial policies that best suit your operations. Reach out to us today for details and to get started with a quote.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.