Business Owners Policy in Oxon Hill and Baltimore, MD
BOP Quote Form
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Owning a business can be exciting, rewarding and lucrative, but it may also carry a significant amount of risk. As an owner, your own finances and livelihood can be greatly affected by events involving your company. Even if you are thorough in ensuring compliance with legal requirements, workplace safety and other precautions, a single unexpected incident can still wreak havoc. Fortunately, an optimal business owners policy (BOP) can provide essential insurance coverage.
The experts at Remo Insurance Agency are dedicated to helping clients in Oxon Hill and Prince George’s County understand and acquire the ideal BOP.
What Is a BOP?
As its name may suggest, a BOP is a type of insurance tailored specifically for business owners and, in most cases, intended for small- to medium-sized businesses. These policies provide a diverse, cost-effective and convenient collection of coverages that can protect companies from losses arising from many common issues, such as fires, theft and lawsuits.
What Does A BOP Cover?
BOPs bundle several critical types of insurance into one package. Specifically, these policies usually include the following coverages:
- General liability—If your business is responsible for an incident that led to losses for a third party your BOP can cover various resulting expenses, such as but not limited to the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Commercial property—This coverage can help pay for repairs and replacement costs for property used to operate your business such as but not limited to the following:
- Business interruption—If a covered event interrupts your company’s normal operations, this coverage may render financial assistance for the following costs:
- Rent or mortgage payments
- Lost income
- Loan payments
- Tax payments
It may also be in your business’s best interests to augment your BOP with additional coverages. These policies may also be able to include:
- Data breach coverage—Also known as cyber liability insurance, this addition will mean that your BOP may be able to help pay for various expenses following a data breach.
- Professional liability insurance—If a client, partner or other party claims to have suffered losses due to your business’s mistake or negligence, this coverage, also known as errors and omissions coverage, can protect you from damages.
- Workers’ compensation insurance—If an employee is injured on the job or develops a work-related illness, this coverage can provide financial aid for resulting costs, including medical care, lost income and disability benefits.
- Commercial auto insurance—This coverage is crucial for protecting your business from losses and damages involving vehicles.
Get the Right Coverage
BOPs cast a wide safety net across many of the most common risks that most businesses may have to account for. Given that this type of policy includes financial protection following incidents for which you are liable, damage to your property and interrupted operations, it may end up being one of the most significant investments your business makes. Without adequate coverage, any of the aforementioned types of events could have irreparable ramifications.
Our agents are here to help. Contact Remo Insurance Agency
today to begin assessing your business’s insurance needs and building the ideal policy.